You should install MX Player on Firestick to enhance the watching experience, especially if you love video streaming apps on your Amazon Firestick. Then you will love the MX Player app for Firestick as well. Some video streaming apps for Android requires MX Player installed first.
This is because MX Player supports highly compressed video formats that the Firestick local player cannot play. So you will need MX Player on Firestick to make those apps work.
If you have been an Android user for quite some time, you must have heard of MX Player. It is a video player that is as good as or probably better than the popular VLC media player and installing MX Player for Firestick makes for better user experience.
The MX Player has dedicated codecs to help a device play highly compressed video formats even with older hardware. And the best part is that the codecs for this app are regularly updated to support new media formats and different video compression.
How to Install MX Player on Firestick
Did you know that Amazon Firestick runs on an Android operating system? This means that the device works similarly to a regular Android device would do.
But there are some little modifications to the Fire OS. That is why you cannot directly install third-party apps just like you would on your Android smartphone or tablet.
Anyway, you do not need to worry about it. We will cover every step-by-step guide on how you can install MX Player on Firestick. And this should be easy enough for you as we made it straightforward and easy to follow.
MX Player Installation Prerequisite
- Make sure to launch Firestick on your TV.
- On the “Home” screen, go to the “Settings” panel located at the top of the interface.
- Inside the Settings area, look for the “My Fire TV” panel.
- Once you entered the “My Fire TV” panel, look for the “Developers Option” tab.
- Under the “Developers Option” tab, click on the “Apps from Unknown Sources” panel and enable it.
- A pop-up warning notification should appear. Don’t worry as this is just normal for security reasons. Just choose the “Turn On” button to confirm the action.
- We need this feature enabled so that third-party apps can install MX Player for Firestick. If you are not comfortable with the enabling of Unknown Sources, you can always turn it off right after you installed the MX Player.
Installing MX Player on Firestick
- Now that we have enabled “Unknown Sources”, go back to the “Home” screen.
- Open the “Downloader” app.
- On the Downloader’s main interface, choose the blank URL field under “Home.”
- On the blank field type in https://bit.ly/MXPlayer11047
- Make sure to completely input exactly as it says character per character without spaces.
- Now, after you double checked the URL, click on the “Go” button below.
- The download should immediately initiate. Wait for it to finish.
- Once the download is complete, it should automatically start the installation.
- On the installation page, click on the “Next” button.
- Then click on the “Install” button to confirm the action.
- The installation should be quick. Once you see the “App Installed” page, do not click on the “Open” button. Instead, just click on the “Done” button.
- You should automatically go back to the “Downloader” app. It will ask you what to do with the MX Player that you downloaded.
- Choose the “Delete” button.
- On the confirmation window, just click on the “Delete” button again.
- That’s it. You now have MX Player on Firestick.
You must make sure first that you have the installation prerequisite before you download MX Player on your Firestick. Once the “Unknown Sources” is enabled, go to the “Home” screen and open the “Downloader” app. On this main interface, choose the blank URL field under “Home” and type https://bit.ly/MXPlayer11047 (make sure it is exact) and then click “Go.” The download should follow immediately.
Once the download is complete, it should automatically start the installation. On the installation page, click on “Next” then click “Install.” This is a quick process, and when you see the notification “App Installed,” click on the “Done.” DO NOT CLICK u0022Open.u0022
You can download MX Player from the Downloader app on your stick. You simply make sure Firestick is launched on your TV, and you will find the Downloader app on the home screen.
Use MX Player Now
Now that the MX Player on Firestick is installed, you can now use any video streaming app that requires an external player. The MX Player should be more than enough for your viewing pleasure.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave your messages down in the comment section below. We will be monitoring the comment section as often as we can.